Advice for Employers
We strive to gain a deep understanding of our client’s businesses, culture, people and needs. As such we are on hand as an extension of our client’s HR team to provide practical legal advice in a timely fashion to avoid a small problem escalating into something much greater. If necessary, we continue to be on hand to take robust and urgent action to prevent damage or disruption to a business.
From an employer’s perspective we pride ourselves in being on hand to provide practical legal advice in a timely fashion to avoid a small problem escalating into something much greater. If necessary, we continue to be on hand to take robust and urgent action to prevent damage or disruption to a business.
Advice for Employees
From an employee’s perspective we recognize both the legal and emotional stress that employment issues often cause and work together with the individual employee to provide practical advice to address their immediate concerns while continually planning to ensure that they remain protected, as far as the law allows, going forward.
International Employment and Labour Law
We are experienced in advising both employers and employees in employment disputes with cross border and multi-jurisdictional aspects including SE Asia, China, Australia, EU and the USA. We also provide invaluable strategic legal advice in relation to “team moves” between high profile employers.
Our Employment practice advises and acts in the following matters:
- Drafting contracts of employment, senior executive service agreements and staff handbooks including MPF issues
- Drafting consultancy agreements
- Summary dismissal, termination of employment and severance packages
- Employee resignation and “constructive dismissal”
- Redundancy programmes, redundancy and long service payments
- Maternity issues and dismissal during maternity leave
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants, including obtaining and defending urgent and ex parte injunctions
- Employment aspects of corporate deals
- Bonuses including non-payment of “discretionary” bonuses
- Claims of discrimination and avoiding potentially discriminatory practices
Business Immigration services include advising on the following matters:
- Obtaining work visas and extensions
- Advising on the effect and consequences of visitors visas
- Obtaining spousal and dependent visas
- Advising on visa status following the termination of employment